Driving success for customers in all aspects of the RF Spectrum
Expertise, innovation, insight: Vaeros.
For more than five decades, The Aerospace Corporation has provided objective technical expertise, analysis, and assessments for global customers pursuing the most complex, innovative, and important missions.
Vaeros, a division of The Aerospace Corporation, brings this rich resource of talent and technical capabilities to bear on multiple challenges in diverse, high-consequence environments.
Our extensive expertise in spectrum management (SM) is built on a solid platform of success assisting customers in solving critical issues and negotiating spectrum use for a range of systems, solutions, and applications.
Radio frequency spectrum access and use.
The world is becoming increasingly reliant on the radio frequency (RF) spectrum to enable and enhance capabilities in navigation, communications, science, defense, and a host of other mission-critical applications.
Demand for high-speed wireless networks (especially for mobile devices) and broadcast downlink frequencies continues to grow, worldwide, at an exponential rate.
Federal and non-federal applications are seeking to share or repurpose elements of the spectrum originally allocated to other applications. Across multiple markets, industries, and technologies, access to the RF spectrum dictates success.
As the demands for access to and use of the RF spectrum continue to grow, it becomes increasingly essential that effective management of that spectrum—the regulation of access to and use of radio frequencies—be employed to maximize usefulness and minimize interference or misuse.
Vaeros SM expertise.
Vaeros provides extensive SM expertise to customers in addressing spectrum issues—from the inception of new systems, to issues involving the potential loss of spectrum and/or spectrum sharing.
We have assisted in developing plans and architectural concepts for the monitoring of RF interference (RFI), identifying alternative means of mitigating RFI through operational techniques, and determining costs for recommended courses of action.
Our expertise in SM includes a wide range of services and solutions, including:
- Spectrum policy analysis and development
- Interference impact studies and predictions
- Regulatory issues relating to acquisition and program requirements
- Interference resolution and coordination support
- International and national coordination assistance
- Satellite operations’ need for assured access to the RF spectrum
- RFI mitigation techniques
- Terrestrial systems coordination
- Spectrum economic analysis
- Development of optimized spectrum architectures
- Regulatory filings
- Risk assessment of spectrum-dependent architectures
Vaeros SM disciplines.
SM comprises technical and nontechnical disciplines that are required for a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements. Vaeros possesses the necessary expertise in all SM disciplines to address our customers’ SM operational needs and issues, including:
- Engineering: RFI analyses; communication system analyses; system architectures design; team leadership in SM technical activities
- Regulation: support to meet analytic and regulatory requirements for spectrum use authorization; team leadership in SM regulatory activities
- Economics: survey and identify new technologies and trends in spectrum usage; studies to open opportunities in space- and ground-based communication requirements; determine costs associated with spectrum sharing and RFI mitigation
- Policy: spectrum-sharing assessment and studies; policy development
- Legal: assist with navigation of complex telecommunications regulatory issues
Get additional information and insight.
Contact Vaeros today to learn how we can help enable your success.